Phuket Provincial Order No. 4157/2564
Subject: Determination of travel screening measures for entering Phuket according to the prevention and control measures for Coronavirus Disease 2019
📌 Article 1 – Traveling to Phuket
The Chatchai Pier Checkpoint, the water channel (pier), every port in Phuket and domestic channels and Phuket International Airport Travelers except children under 6 years old traveling with parents or guardians, must be qualified to enter and must adhere to the following practices:
(1) Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with Sinovac or Sinopharm 2 doses, or Astrazeneca (1 dose) or Pfizer, Moderna Johnson and Johnson (1 dose) for at least 14 days or has recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days
(2) Must be tested for COVID-19 by RT-PCR method or Antigen Test method within 72 hours prior to arrival, except for children from 6 years old to under 18 years old (who are not eligible for vaccination and traveling with parents or caregivers that have been tested for COVID-19 by RT – PCR method or Antigen Test method up to 72 hours prior to arrival).
(3) except for those traveling in the following cases:
3.1) Medical ambulance emergency patient, lifeguard, rescue
3.2) Drugs, medical supplies, chemicals, materials and medical equipment (must have delivery slip or product statement)
3.3) Persons who have an appointment for the second dose of COVID-19 vaccination (must have a certificate for the second dose of vaccination.)
3.4) Persons who need to travel out of Phuket International Airport (must have a ticket of the travel date only) to be able to travel to Phuket but must be tested for COVID-19 by RT-PCR method or Antigen Test method within 72 hours prior to arrival.
(4) In the case of students under 18 years of age who are unable to receive vaccination against COVID-19 and need to travel through Phuket to study. The agency affiliated with the educational establishment or provincial educational institution shall issue the same form of identification to be shown to staff when travelling through – out of Phuket and have the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office to test for COVID-19 by RT – PCR method and issue a certificate for COVID-19 testing to be valid for no more than 1 month each time.
(5) Must download and install the “Mor Chana” application on your smartphone and agree to enable location sharing throughout your stay in Phuket.
(6) show the above documents to the Communicable Disease Control Officer before entering Phuket
(7) use of transport routes and travel screening if passing through the Chatchai checkpoint. Persons and vehicles of all types are prohibited from entering Phuket between 11:00 PM and 4:00 AM on the following day, except when there is an urgent need and delays may cause serious damage or affect public interest.
(8) Observe the symptoms themselves (Self Monitoring) according to preventive measures to control the disease. If you have symptoms or suspect that you have symptoms of COVID-19, see a doctor immediately.
Patients who intentionally conceal travel information or report false information to communicable disease control officers, causing obstacles to disease investigation and control, resulting in the spread of pathogens may be considered a violation or failure to comply with the order of the communicable disease control officer which is also an offense under the Communicable Diseases Act B.E. 2558
📌 Article 2 – Asking for cooperation from those who travel to Phuket to follow preventive measures;
COVID-19 (D – M – H – T – T – A) are:
D – Distancing = keep a distance between yourself and others
M – Mask Wearing = Always wear a cloth mask / hygienic mask.
H – Hand Washing = wash your hands often
T – Temperature = measure temperature regularly
T – Testing = Test for COVID-19
A – Application = Install and utilise the Thaichana and Morchana mobile applications
All parties may not exercise their right to object under Section 30 paragraph two (1) of the Administrative Procedure Act, B.E. 2539.
Anybody who violates or does not comply with this order may be causing an offense under Section 51 and shall be liable to a fine not exceeding twenty thousand baht, or Section 52, subject to a term of imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine not exceeding one hundred thousand baht, or both of the Communicable Diseases Act B.E. 2558 and may be punished under Section 18 of the Emergency Decree, B.E. 2548, in accordance with the provisions issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree, B.E. 2548 shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding forty thousand baht, or both
This is from 25 July 2021 to 2 August 2021.
Ordered on 23 July B.E. 2021